Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Giving Mommy a break

Today I decided to give Melissa a break, during which she decided to do work for me, by taking Harper to the zoo. We had a great time, as her and I don't really get to do a lot just the two of us. We were doing all the zoo things, looking at the monkeys first. Then we went to search out the elusive white tiger cubs, which actually turned out to be snow leopard cubs. Then we decided to head into the Oklahoma exhibit. big mistake.... I think today was "go to the zoo and take every kid you know day". There were people everywhere! Harper was completely content riding in her stroller eating her dried fruit and nut trail mix, and drinking the flavored water I had packed for me to drink. She was having a great time looking at all the animals when the announcement came over the loudspeaker, "the zoo will be closing in fifteen minutes, please make your way to the exits". So I tell Harper it's time to head home. Naturally she asks, "is it time for the animals to go nite-nite?" so I nonchalantly tell her, "yes, it is time for the animals to go nite-nite soon." At this point we are by the new lion overlook and there are a few people around making their way to the gate when out of nowhere......(Hands cupped around her mouth for maximum amplification) "Nite-Nite animals!" Yes, that's right, she yelled goodnight to all of the zoo animals. I love her nurturing instincts. All in all it was a wonderful afternoon at the zoo hangin with my baby girl.

No comments: