Thursday, May 10, 2012

31 years young!

Already got the best birthday card ever from my best buddies! Not to mention got to have breakfast with them all this morning! Lovin it!
Harpers school performance was amazing, always great to have those moments to be a proud parent.
Ended the school day at lunch with my colleagues, almost all of them came to lunch to celebrate my birthday, I really do work with some great people.
We kicked off the evening after we picked Owen up from day care and visited his new 7-11. He has been waiting for months for that thing to get finished. He was so excited that he was shaking a little when I told him we were going there. It is an awesome 7-11 by the way, coming from a connoisseur of convenience stores. We got a round of drinks and snacks, so glad it opened today!
We had a delicious dinner of PB&J and a gift (my sweet new running headphones, no more sweat slippage for my ears!) and booked it out of the house to Harpers softball game. Those games are always enjoyable on so many levels, plus I got to be dugout Dad again.
The evening was capped off with a delicious dessert of peaches, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream. What a combination! All in all my 31st birthday was perfect, just the way I like it, low-key and having fun with my family. Many thanks to all for a great day and for the many well wishers I had today (many texts wishing me a happy birthday)! Here's to another great year and many more to come.

No comments: