Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The activity formerly known as making bread...

Last week I spent many evenings out harvesting the wheat from our family farms. I thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to be a part of harvest and enjoy seeing how excited my father-in-law gets when it's time to start cutting. It truly is a fun time to be at the farm, and on Saturday the kids and Melissa got to come out and help out for a few hours. Harper used to call harvest, making bread. Now her brother has taken to calling it mowing the wheat. Both are great descriptions of what takes place, but at different points in the process. Not to mention Owen gets thoroughly excited by combines and our big wheat trucks. I got to load the kiddos up on the combine and go a few rounds cutting in the field, Harper loves to play with wheat on the combine and apparently Owen likes to play with the combine horn. Either way I feel lucky that my kids and I get to partake in and share the harvest experience every year.

No comments: