Tuesday, August 3, 2010

SAHD (stay at home Dad)

I have had the immeasurable joy of being able to stay home this summer and take care of my kiddos. Don't get me wrong it hasn't been the easiest thing to do, but we have had so much fun just hanging out together. I consider myself very lucky to have the kind of job that allows me to stay home and be a part of this: Splash pad fun! Our main routine (a word I never thought would describe anything I did) was zoo story time on Tuesday, library story time on Wednesday, random things on Thursdays, and finally family Fridays. A few of my favorite things were putting Owen down for his nap, which usually led to me catching a short nap while holding him. I also enjoyed the hot afternoons playing in the playroom. All in all I think sad is the best way to describe how I am feeling, getting back into school means no more mr. Mom and now back to reality. Thank you Harps and Owie for a fantastic summer! Play time BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You've been a fantastic Mr. Mom! I think the kids will be sad to be without you too! Thanks for holding the fort down while I was at work!

Sara said...

YAY! for Mr.MOM! I am sure the kids enjoyed having this time with you too! I think it's so awesome you were so willing to tackle those long days with the kids!