Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer re-cap

Due to a lack of maintaining my blog this summer I will try to roll it all into one MEGA POST (insert echo here). So here goes......
Summer began with Melissa jet-setting off to New York City, which led to our ritual of waiting for the daily emailed sightseeing picture or text picture, and finally getting to talk to mommy, grandma, and aunt Mel. It was a great preparation for the summer of daddy day care. Soon after Melissa's return home I left to go work the OSU basketball camp. It's always a bitter sweet time, I enjoy being in Stillwater and coaching, but I always miss my family.
Sweeties
After returning from camp Melissa began working four days a week, which gave me the opportunity to spend some amazing quality time with my kiddos. We quickly developed our zoo and library story time routines.
Story time
I think our zoo trips were easily some of the best times we had. We would pack our peanut butter sandwiches and cold pizza for Owen and head off to the zoo. We would listen to the stories, eat our snacks, make some rockin crafts, and venture out into the wild confines of the zoo.
Harps and the lion
We also had many amazing times just playing here at the house. The imagination of a five year old conjures some amazing games. Thanks to her little brother, she usually had a willing participant. Thanks to the sweltering heat we spent many afternoons inside watching sprout or Disney and the occasional movie. Of course my favorite part of these days was nap time because I regularly caught a cat nap while rocking Owen to sleep. One of the sweet bonuses to being the stay home Dad. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: